Sun, Apr 23, 2017
Duration: 38 mins 53 secs
Sun, Apr 16, 2017
Duration: 39 mins 32 secs
Easter Sunday sermon by Dr. Mark McConnell. Matthew 28:6
Sun, Apr 09, 2017
Duration: 45 mins 57 secs
Pastor McConnell & Family Appreciation message, preached by Dr. Mark McConnell
Sun, Apr 02, 2017
Duration: 31 mins 21 secs
Sermon by Dr. McConnell. I Cor 1:18.
We can focus on the cross and the significance of the cross. His blood has washed away our sins. The cross is major. It is an instrument the Roman state executed the death penalty by crucifixion. God's agony was for the passion of humanity.
1) The mathematics of the cross subtracts us from hell. Our names come off of the list and are added to the Book of Life. Jesus paid the way for us.
2) Mathematics of the cross adds us to the Kingdom of God making us an heir of salvation. In the kingdom because of the cross.
3) Mathematics of the cross divides us from the world. Be ye Holy as I am Holy.
4) Mathematics of the cross, it multiplies us in heaven. (Rev.7:9)
Because of the cross I am a soldier of the army of the Lord.
Wed, Mar 29, 2017
Duration: 39 mins 35 secs
3rd Year Appreciation Kick-Off for Pastor Claude & Lady Rene White at Grace Baptist Church.
Sermon Title, "I Believe God", Acts 27:21-26
God has a way of letting us know everything will be alright.
God has given us common sense to know something is wrong. We often ignore the warning signs.
God has given us a brain that is hardwired to process common sense.
God's Grace is Amazing.
At the point of no return, God gives us a message of hope.
The life God has given us is a good thing. Jesus give us abundant life.
Be sure your faith is in God.
God has the power to bring you through any storm.
Sun, Mar 26, 2017
Sermon by Dr. Mark McConnell, II Tim 4:9-11
There are times when we all need help every now and then in our lives. We should not hesitate to ask for help. We who have been born again are soldiers of the cross and involved in spiritual warfare.
*Absent without permission - have turned their back on their assignment, post. Why?
- Decline to follow orders. I Cor 15:58 be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Real soldiers obey God and who God allows to lead them. Learn how to do what God says to do.
* Afraid of being wounded in the battle.
* Ministry is not what they thought it would be
* Come everyday prepared to fight in the battle. Put on the whole armor of God
*Hang in there a little while longer. God will take care of you!
Are you working for your crown?
You are needed and You are useful!
Sun, Mar 19, 2017
Morning sermon by Dr. Mark McConnell. Ezekiel 37:1-14 (v3 is focus verse).
There are things in life that can beat us down, leaving us feeling defeated. Can these bones live? Answer is Yes!
* Life comes by the Word of God (v4-8). Rom 10: 14-17. The Word of God comes to dead people to make them alive. Want to hear the word so my life can get better. When we hear the Word of God our lives get better.
* How can dry bones hear the Word of the Lord? Do what God said to do. Life comes from the proclamation - by hearing.
* Life comes by the Spirit of God. God by His spirit can bring hope. Spiritual life comes only by the Holy Spirit.
What the devil took from you - God is able to give it back.
On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand (Highlight the hyperlink below to be taken to the words to this hymn.)
Sun, Mar 12, 2017
Duration: 49 mins 49 secs
18th Church Anniversary sermon by Dr. Mark McConnell.
No part of our lives including our church life should be separated from Christ.
The way the world and God measure success is different.
How does God measure our success?
Are you, or have you been faithful to God? Be faithful unto death and God will give you a crown of life (Rev. 2:10). Ask yourself, Am I or Will I be found faithful.
You or we will never grow if we compete against one another. There is no growth where there is competition. One plants, one waters and God gives the increase (I Cor. 3:6). We have to get over ourselves. It is not about being entitled, but about doing our job. We fail to do our job due to not being committed.
1) Work as One not as opponents. Paul is a servant and a steward. IN all things was and is accountable to the Master (God). What kind of servant or steward will I be for my church?
2) Learn how to cooperate and not criticize (v3-5).
Stop criticizing others. You don't know the intent of their hearts. Criticism drives them away. When you share and work together more can get done.
Unauthorized judgement by Christians is forbidden by God.
If you are not being faithful we ought to strive to be faithful - be and do better.
All of us have an assignment from God. Where He leads me I will follow.
Sun, Mar 05, 2017
Duration: 48 mins 45 secs
Sermon by Dr. Mark McConnell. Some background: The Pool of Bethesda surrounded by a crowd of sufferers. God is a God of mercy and is concerned about all of us. He is concerned about you.
1) Subliminal concern of Christ
Every name and thing has a value. His Grace, His Favor and His Mercy. (v2) Having 5 porches. The 5 stands for Grace, Favor and Mercy.
2) The skepticism of the community. (v4 / II Kings 5) Some focus more on superstitions than focusing on the supernatural. Healing is faith in God. Don't be in too big of a hurry, wait on the Lord. Learn to do something about the situations we are in. Take it to Jesus.
3) The Saviors conclusion (v9)
Rise means to wake up, become alert, stand up. Take up thy bed - do something about your sin. Extinguish your guilt of son.
Walk - have been made whole and are alive. Walk forward toward God. God is the only one who can help you.
If you want to be blessed, do what the Lord says.
Sun, Feb 26, 2017
Duration: 36 mins 24 secs
The mose valuable gift given to us from God is His heart. Make the Word of God a part of your lives to get stronger and be better. Remember God's Word is wonderful in all things.
To survive today you have to make it a part of our lives. Hide it in our hearts.
The Word of God is precious and all of us need it.
1) Read it, study it, apply daily, Examine the Word
2) Experience the Word. Try Him by His Word
How to apply God's Word:
1) Hear God's Word
2) Receive It
3) Meditate on it
God is my fortress, my shelter and will protect me.
When God's word is in you - it will tame you. It will shape you - renewing of your mind.
Be sure to express the Word. If the Word is in you - it will come out - can't keep it to yourself.
You can destroy someone just by what you say.
God will fight your battles.
We ought to be graduating and maturing in our christian life.